Chocolate Egg Filled Easter Nest
Total Time: 45 Minutes
Get ready for Easter weekend with this delicious Easter Nest cake perfect as a tea-time treat and will get the whole family involved, brought to you by Betty Crocker™.
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box Betty Crocker™'s Velvety Vanilla Cake Mix
- 90 ml vegetable oil (4 tbsp)
- 180 ml water
- 3 medium free range eggs
- 1 tub Betty Crocker™ Tempting Chocolate Icing
- 4 large shredded wheat, crushed
- 200 g melted plain chocolate
- 90 g Mini chocolate Easter eggs
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens) / Gas Mark 4.
- Mix the eggs, oil, water and Cake Mix gently together and whisk (by hand or electric mixer) for 2-3 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the cake mixture evenly into your two greased cake tins.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for between 22-27 minutes or until a rounded knife inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean, then cool on a wire rack.
- Ice one half of the cake with Betty Crocker™ Tempting Chocolate Icing then sandwich together with the other half of the cake. Ice the rest over the top and sides of the cake.
- Prepare the chocolate by breaking it up and placing in a microwaveable bowl. Melt the chocolate in the microwave for 30- 60 seconds (watch carefully to check it doesn’t burn and stir occasionally). Add the shredded wheat to the melted chocolate and leave to cool, ensuring the shredded wheat is nicely coated in chocolate but not too runny. Press handfuls gently around the top and sides of the cake.
- Decorate with the mini chocolate eggs on the top of the cake. Chill in the fridge for 20 minutes before serving. All you need are a couple of fluffy chicks for the top and your Easter treat is ready!