Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Total Time: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
You’re just a hop away from making these deliciously sweet bunny cupcakes. With Betty Crocker™ cake mix and frosting, they’re even easier to make.
All You Need Is ...
- 1 box (500g) Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ Vanilla Cake Mix
- 230ml water
- 80ml vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
For the decoration
- 2 tubs (400g each) Betty Crocker™ Vanilla Frosting
- Pink food colouring paste or gel
- Vegetable oil, for greasing
- 12 white marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons pink glimmer sugar
- 48 blue mini sugar-coated chocolate beans
- 24 pink mini sugar-coated chocolate beans
- 1 tablespoon chocolate strands
Betty's Easy Steps
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 2 (12-cup) muffin trays with paper cupcake cases.
- Beat cake mix, water, oil and eggs in a large bowl with electric mixer on low speed until moistened. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Divide the mixture evenly between the cupcake cases. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and transfer the cupcakes to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To decorate, put 1¼ tubs (500g) of the frosting in a large mixing bowl and beat in a little pink food colouring paste or gel to give a pale pink colour. Spread the cupcakes with the pink frosting. Use a teaspoon to top each with a smaller swirl of the remaining uncoloured frosting.
- Wipe the blades of a pair of kitchen scissors with a little oil and cut each marshmallow in half widthways through the thick middle, then cut each half in half again to make 4 bunny ear shapes from each marshmallow. Dip the cut side of each ear into the pink glimmer sugar to coat.
- Arrange 2 marshmallow ears onto the top of each swirl of white frosting so they stand up. Use the mini chocolate beans and chocolate strands to make bunny eyes, whiskers and a nose on each cupcake. Serve immediately and store any leftover cupcakes in an airtight container, in a cool place, for 1-2 days.
- If you have only one muffin tray, cover and chill half of the cake mixture while baking the first batch. After transferring the cooked cupcakes to the wire rack, cool the empty tray under cold running water, dry thoroughly, then add the remaining cupcake cases and bake the remaining cakes, adding 1-2 minutes to the bake time.
- Use tubes of writing icing to pipe the whiskers onto the cupcakes if you can’t find chocolate strands.